Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT General Chat

Options
  • 16-09-2014 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

The last DIT chat thread (if there was one) has faded into the ether, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can chat about our day to day life in DIT, it might give this forum a bit of a boost!

How has everyones' starting week been so far? I'm really enjoying my new course, can't wait to check out Grangegorman on Friday, have a class there! The only thing I'm a bit lost on is the Clubs and Societies...apparently this week is the week for them to promote but apart from a handful of stands in Aungier St I haven't really seen a collective of C&S. The list that's been handed out is obviously out of date as several societies I checked are now defunct, so it is a bit frustrating. Are they all targeting different campuses? Thought they would have had a recruitment in one large central space!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Heyyyyyaaaa! :)

Based in Grangegorman myself, it's a fab campus. :)

Oh, and Clubs and Socs week isn't until next week.... I think? I know Grangegorman's one is tomorrow, then the rest of the campuses are kicking off next Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Heyyyyyaaaa! :)

Based in Grangegorman myself, it's a fab campus. :)

Oh, and Clubs and Socs week isn't until next week.... I think? I know Grangegorman's one is tomorrow, then the rest of the campuses are kicking off next Monday!
    Oh I see - well in that case I'll have to ask when it's down in Aungier/Bolton St. Looking forward to seeing what's on offer and maybe joining one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Bolton St seems very disorganised so far this year, timetable changes leaving lecturers not even knowing what modules they are teaching until Monday or Tuesday, doesn't fill me with confidence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

phonypony wrote: »
    Bolton St seems very disorganised so far this year, timetable changes leaving lecturers not even knowing what modules they are teaching until Monday or Tuesday, doesn't fill me with confidence...

Same across the road in linenhall , we've been back two days and had 4 timetable changes already :o

phonypony wrote: »
    Know how you feel - we didn't get to meet our course director (first year) and our timetable appears to be only temporary for now, I do hope it gets sorted. I do like the building itself and it's early days so I'm not overly concerned yet, keeping an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Timetables tend to change a bit in the first week or 2 as repeating students and people that get 2nd/3rd round cao offers get added and class sizes change.

What's the story with WiFi? Can anyone successfully connect?

J_E wrote: »
    What's the story with WiFi? Can anyone successfully connect?

I can connect, but the internet isnt working, apparently its a "bug" which will be sorted soon, but knowing these guys, about 2 months :pac:

I can connect, but the internet isnt working, apparently its a "bug" which will be sorted soon, but knowing these guys, about 2 months :pac:
    That's annoying! I haven't been able to log into Eduroam either but that might be a mistake on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Hmmm.. I haven't found any problems with connecting to the Wifi yet (I'm in Aungier Street if that makes a difference)

• Advertisement

That's annoying! I haven't been able to log into Eduroam either but that might be a mistake on my part.
    Ciaran511 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I haven't found any problems with connecting to the Wifi yet (I'm in Aungier Street if that makes a difference)

I havent even bothered with eduroam, I'm in linenhall across from bolton street and it's absolutely shocking

Ciaran511 wrote: »
    Bolton St here, Wifi is totally non-responsive. I'm in Aungier St on Mondays so will check there. Grangegorman tomorrow, probably works fine there...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Hey, are there free shower facilities available in Aungier street? Thinking of cycling this year, and don't want to a sweaty mess!:P

Hey, are there free shower facilities available in Aungier street? Thinking of cycling this year, and don't want to a sweaty mess!:P

Dont think so, but I'm never up that neck of the woods, there's showers where I am if thats any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

I've been wondering the same thing, but I've never seen any. Then again, there are supposedly lockers there too that I've never seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Hi! My name is Konrad

Hi! My name is Konrad
    Hi Konrad! What are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Hi Konrad! What are you studying?

HRM Level 8

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

SO as a follow on guys... what was your views on the college!? Trying to decide between DIT and NCI (deadline tonight) and i get the impression the college is a little.... disorganised..maybe to the point of distraction?

eoinp11 wrote: »
    SO as a follow on guys... what was your views on the college!? Trying to decide between DIT and NCI (deadline tonight) and i get the impression the college is a little.... disorganised..maybe to the point of distraction?
    There is a definite feeling of fragmentation and I wish the clubs/societies were more centralised in terms of a better governing body but I am really enjoying my time here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

There is a definite feeling of fragmentation and I wish the clubs/societies were more centralised in terms of a better governing body but I am really enjoying my time here.

Thanks! Can i ask what course / year you are in?

I am about to pull the trigger and accept the course (which in turn will then cancel my offer from NCI) Just looking to remove the doubt before my deadline!

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Thanks! Can i ask what course / year you are in?

I am about to pull the trigger and accept the course (which in turn will then cancel my offer from NCI) Just looking to remove the doubt before my deadline!

I'm doing Product Design about to enter 2nd year.

anyone know when the timetable will be out for repeats?

anyone know when the timetable will be out for repeats?
    I'm pretty sure it released, I remember seeing an email about it, at least for Bolton St.

I'm pretty sure it released, I remember seeing an email about it, at least for Bolton St.

Where about can i find it, ive looked pretty much everywhere!!

Where about can i find it, ive looked pretty much everywhere!!
    Checked the site and seems to be missing/down just right now. Email your lecturers.

Advertisement