Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on upgrading a laptop

Options
  • 16-09-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi fella's for a while now iv been considering trying to upgrade my laptop I've had for maybe 2-3 years now... still going strong not a bother on it i recently through a SSD into it which of course helped.

the laptop itself is a Medion Akoya E7214, does everything pretty well including a bit of gaming but i was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the likes of the CPU? i know its no where as simple as a regular PC that's why im here :). mainly so i cant do a bit more gaming on it most game i play minecraft, tekkit, fallout, rust... and the likes run pretty well all be it at minimum settings i just want to see if i have any options to upgrade or am i stuck with what i have?

any insight or info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You would be better off buying a cheap PC.

You can build something pretty good for around €400 new that would run most games at 1080p with medium-high settings depending on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

i recently built a pc for 700 euro.. so that box is already ticked :) just wanted to know if i can do anything to my laptop with a bit of extra money

Advertisement