Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obsolete Back Boiler

Options
  • 16-09-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Guys,
    We are renting an apartment. It has a Potterton Housewarmer central heating back boiler which is now obsolete and not working. We are not allowed to drill the external wall for a flue. We can't use another back boiler. Any suggestions for our heating and hot water. We are considering an, Amptec or Aztec electric boiler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are renting, so it is really up to your landlord to provide a means of heating the apartment.

I can't see the benefit of using an electric boiler over just using electric heaters around the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blakey61

The boiler also needs to heat our water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Surely there is a hot tank with an immersion heater installed? I think the landlord is also obliged to provide a means to heat running water but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blakey61

We have a cylinder but no immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can still get a baxi back boiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

What's wrong with the house warmer? What model is it ? parts still available for eg Pcb , gas valve etc. expensive in fairness, but available

Advertisement