Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huawei G300 thinks it's constantly charging

Options
  • 16-09-2014 10:59am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been having this issue for a couple of weeks whereby my phone dispalys 'charging' when it's disconnected. The battery itself is discharging at a huge rate and taking a long time to recharge.

Is it likely just a dying battery or is there anything else that might explain this?

I reflashed a ROM and it was OK for a day but then started doing the same thing again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Probably the battery is dying alright. I've not personally had a Huawei, but my guess would be that maybe when you flashed the ROM, it cleared the battery stats, and it took a bit of use before the battery stats reflected the battery being faulty again.

I had a HTC Sensation doing some awful weird stuff like this when its battery was on the way out. Got a new battery and it was fine after.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

new battery ordered for a pittance, so hope it will sort this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If its displaying charging its often a sign of a USB port issue.
    Either corrosion or a piece of debris causing a short across the port and fooling the phone into thinking its on charge.
    Quite often this is a symptom of water damage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's doing exactly the same with the new battery. Nothing clogging the USB port nor any obvious signs of oxidation.

Advertisement