Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S4 Not Registred on Network

Options
  • 16-09-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi My S4 is intermittentely givimg me an error "Not Registered on Network" then after a few retsarts it goes fine again. Changed Sim, done a Factory Reset no improvement. Anyone else experience this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Have you rooted or modified your phone in any way (custom ROM, bootloader unlock etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

No No modifications.
    I did port from Meteor to 3 but have put in 2 new sim cards since.

thetangler wrote: »
    No No modifications.
    I did port from Meteor to 3 but have put in 2 new sim cards since.
    What method did you use to unlock your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

It was an unlocked Phone I bought from Eapansys last year.
    Never any issue until last week.

It was an unlocked Phone I bought from Eapansys last year.
    Never any issue until last week.
    Can you type in the following please to check the SIM lock status? You will get an image like this.

*#7465625# or *#SIMLOCK#

Just want to verify this before you get in touch with 3 about the porting status and new SIM card. Also is this a 4G enabled S4? Might be worth changing it to automatic.

s4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Check your IMEI number is valid for your phone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had the same issue on my S4 but with a second message "no sim detected", I had to get a new sim card and also I had to make sure that when the sim was inserted to make sure it was pushed all the way in or else it would happen again. Have had it happen a few times after but that was when i hit black spots when travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Hi My S4 is intermittentely givimg me an error "Not Registered on Network" then after a few retsarts it goes fine again. Changed Sim, done a Factory Reset no improvement. Anyone else experience this ?

You haven't taken your S4 overseas recently have you? There's some kind of region lock on Samsungs that can cause problems, if you had tried using a a EU model in America for example.

Advertisement