Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet booted with Chinese text

Options
  • 16-09-2014 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I bought this little fella about 18 months ago and give it to my daughter. She thinks the battery died and when she charged it and started it everything was in Chinese and a few games and apps she had installed have disappeared also.

As the tablet is only displaying everything in Chinese she cant do anything with it so I'm wondering if there as a handy "quick fix" to get it set back to English again?

I have emailed Focal Price a day ago but so far I haven't received a response.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This might seem like a smart answer, but are there any of those Chinese phone shops anywhere near you? I'm tempted to add 'great bunch of lads', but I won't...

Serious mode: they'd be well-placed to advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its a good suggestion alright but unfortunately there are no phone shops nearby ....least not within reasonable distance. I would be tempted however to bring it to the local Chinese takeaway and ask one of them to at least translate the text that appears on the screen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Has it a menu, even in Chinese, that is similar to the android smartphone settings menu? If so, can you scroll down to the Language & Input menu and change the lingo there?

Has it a menu, even in Chinese, that is similar to the android smartphone settings menu? If so, can you scroll down to the Language & Input menu and change the lingo there?
    She doesnt live at home but Ill see her in the next day or two but she tells me that everything is in chinese so even with a menu on the display its going to be difficult to find the settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

muffler wrote: »
    She doesnt live at home but Ill see her in the next day or two but she tells me that everything is in chinese so even with a menu on the display its going to be difficult to find the settings.

Try taking a photograph of the tablet and uploading it here. If it boots into Android, it shouldn't be that difficult to change the language using visual icons as a guide

Nick

• Advertisement

Good man. :)

The daughter was thinking of taking it to one of the guys in the local Chinese restaurant and asking them to translate for her. Im not sure if she will or not but if she doesnt I'll gladly get a pic of it in the next couple of days and post it up here.

Advertisement