Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Irish Rail training centre Inchicore?

Options
  • 15-09-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Anyone give me directions, can't find it on google maps, know my way to inchicore but where do i go once i take the E01 exit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Anyone give me directions, can't find it on google maps, know my way to inchicore but where do i go once i take the E01 exit?

The easiest thing for you is to find Inchicore Village. There is a roadway into the site for non staff, visitors and contractors and is located beside Ulster Bank. Once at the gate you can sign in and obtain directions from there. There are other entrances but they are for staff only and are security monitored so don't use them.

If you are using buses get the 13, 40, 68 and 69 and you are sorted.

This link gives you a map of the locality along with landmarks

http://www.inchicore.info/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mccartney11

which road is ulster bank on? can pop it into the sat nav and that really help:) found the site on google maps where the carriages are brought in off the track on jamestown road but don't know if thats where i need to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The entrance to the works is on Grattan Crescent - turn onto Inchicore Terrace South and follow onto Inchicore Parade.

lxflyer wrote: »
    The entrance to the works is on Grattan Crescent - turn onto Inchicore Terrace South and follow onto Inchicore Parade.

cheers will there be signs up for it or is it hard to see?:P

cheers will there be signs up for it or is it hard to see?:P

Once you are on Inchicore Parade you cannot miss it.

• Advertisement

lxflyer wrote: »
    Once you are on Inchicore Parade you cannot miss it.

ah nice one lad, thanks for the help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's a certain amount of irony that no one's mentioned what train station to go to....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Good luck with the interview ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

There's a certain amount of irony that no one's mentioned what train station to go to....

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 staiger

I'm in the same boat as the OP here trying to find the Irish Rail Training Centre on google maps. Is the "Training Centre" inside the "Inchicore Works" or is it at another location?

One of the previous commenters mentioned the entrance is on "Inchicore Parade". I just wanted to make 100% sure that is correct. Looking at the streetview, the sign at that entrance just says "Inchicore Works".

I would link to google maps myself, but as a new user I am unable to post links.

Is Drimnagh the best Luas station to use?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

staiger wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as the OP here trying to find the Irish Rail Training Centre on google maps. Is the "Training Centre" inside the "Inchicore Works" or is it at another location?

One of the previous commenters mentioned the entrance is on "Inchicore Parade". I just wanted to make 100% sure that is correct. Looking at the streetview, the sign at that entrance just says "Inchicore Works".

I would link to google maps myself, but as a new user I am unable to post links.

Thanks in advance.

Yes the training centre is inside Inchicore works and the entrance on Inchicore parade is correct.

The times I have gone there by Luas I have used Blackhorse, its about a 20-25 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2 staiger

Yes the training centre is inside Inchicore works and the entrance on Inchicore parade is correct.

The times I have gone there by Luas I have used Blackhorse, its about a 20-25 min walk

Thanks very much for your help.

staiger wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is inside the works.

Options:
    From LUAS - Go to Blackhorse. Then walk as here: http://goo.gl/maps/6sQuM

Buses:
    Route 40 will take you to Grattan Crescent just beside Inchicore Terrace South

Route 13, 68 and 69 will all drop you to Tyrconnell Road

Route 79 will drop you to Sarsfield Road.

Advertisement