Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phones for under €350

Options
  • 15-09-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭

What are the best phones for anywher between €100 and €350?
    I'm not interested in Windows Phones as there aren't enough apps available for them. I don't mind if the phone isn't available yet.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

The Moto G. It won't be as good as the pricier ones you can buy, but it will only take up half of that €350 leaving you to splash out on payg credit/a few months of your bill/a fancy case to protect it. It also has that lovely almost-stock Android (just a few Motorola apps, no bloatware) on it too.

I'm sticking with my Moto g LTE (last year's one with 4g & sd card) as I have a gut feeling the battery will be better on it with a smaller screen and lower resolution cameras - both 2013 and 2014 batteries are 2070mAh - but to each their own.

There's very little that comes close in that sub €200 price bracket. The Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo is a handy little number but the screen is inferior to the Moto G and its a balls to get unlocked unless you have spent a fortune on credit beforehand. The Moto G is unlocked for €2.50 on eBay. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You could do worse than take a look at the Chinese Android Phone thread. Some bargains to be had f you are willing to do a bit of reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lg g2 is currently on Amazon for €345.

I've seen it on groupon for €300.

Brilliant phone, the Moto G is a very good phone as well but the LG is in a different league.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭VG31

The Moto G. It won't be as good as the pricier ones you can buy, but it will only take up half of that €350 leaving you to splash out on payg credit/a few months of your bill/a fancy case to protect it. It also has that lovely almost-stock Android (just a few Motorola apps, no bloatware) on it too.

Do you know the difference between these two phones? I'm wondering why they are about the same price although one has twice the storage. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-16GB-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00ECBREB6/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-8GB-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00KB0YDBG/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

VG31 wrote: »
    Do you know the difference between these two phones? I'm wondering why they are about the same price although one has twice the storage. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-16GB-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00ECBREB6/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moto-8GB-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00KB0YDBG/

The 8GB one is the 4G version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the moto g is the best under 200 phone available in a bricks and mortar store. recommending it for a 350 budget is plain silly. with a budget like that you'd want a 1080 screen, 2gb ram minimum. hard to beat the 1plus1 spec wise. the G2 is a great device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

RossieMan wrote: »
    the moto g is the best under 200 phone available in a bricks and mortar store. recommending it for a 350 budget is plain silly. with a budget like that you'd want a 1080 screen, 2gb ram minimum. hard to beat the 1plus1 spec wise. the G2 is a great device.

The budget was a bit vague to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Sony Experia Z currently €250 in CPW (on Meteor prepay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I would wait a bit till the new flagship Nexus, Z3, M9, S6 etc come out.

Old flagship's like Nexus 5/ LG G2 will be popping up on bargain alerts around November when they are released, I got sim free Nexus 4 for 200 euro just before Nexus 5 was released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Can't believe the oneplus one hasn't been mentioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Or the Galaxy S4, still a very powerful phone in todays market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

kjl wrote: »
    Can't believe the oneplus one hasn't been mentioned yet.

It has:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

I'd look at the LG G2 or Nexus 5.... I wouldnt mention a moto g with a budget of €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

nexus 5 is good value at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

if you can get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Digidol wrote: »
    Or the Galaxy S4, still a very powerful phone in todays market.

surely not available brand new for under €350?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭ted1

VG31 wrote: »
    What are the best phones for anywher between €100 and €350?
    I'm not interested in Windows Phones as there aren't enough apps available for them. I don't mind if the phone isn't available yet.

Thanks in advance. :)
    Don't look at the phone price look at the bundle price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nexus 5 here, hands down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

surely not available brand new for under €350?

Yep, multiple place have it for under €350, one here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Digidol wrote: »
    Yep, multiple place have it for under €350, one here.

Is that site in europe?

They have some good deals, LG G3 16gb for 387 euro.

Xperia Z2, Galaxy S5 430 euro

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I would like to buy a Moto G online.

But I have a few questions (I may sound stupid but I'm not well versed on phones)

I've only bought phones from 02 shops before. So how would I connect to a network buy a phone off amazon.

What would be the best network to go with for PAYG in the West of Ireland

Would it be best to switch to Meteor?

I would like to buy a Moto G online.

But I have a few questions (I may sound stupid but I'm not well versed on phones)

I've only bought phones from 02 shops before. So how would I connect to a network buy a phone off amazon.

What would be the best network to go with for PAYG in the West of Ireland

Would it be best to switch to Meteor?

I'd suggest trying a SIM out in your home/work/college area before committing as the service can vary hugely.

I'd suggest trying a SIM out in your home/work/college area before committing as the service can vary hugely.

What about the other points?

What about the other points?

If you buy SIM free from Amazon you might have to enter the AP information to access data, but that's it really. Each network provider publishes the settings on their site.

If you decide on a network first, it might be as easy to buy direct from them, and might even get bonus credit or discount for switching.

If you buy SIM free from Amazon you might have to enter the AP information to access data, but that's it really. Each network provider publishes the settings on their site.

If you decide on a network first, it might be as easy to buy direct from them, and might even get bonus credit or discount for switching.

The 8GB seems to be the only one available from Meteor. But the 16GB seems to be the same price online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got to be the nexus 5. Beast of a phone.

Advertisement