Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recent experiences (last 6 months) getting "Blue $" rate in Argentina?

Options
  • 15-09-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Heading to Argentina next week, first time visit. Will be taking a fistfull of US $.

Wanted to know if anybody has traded dollars there recently. Also if it is only in Buenos Aires where one can get this trade in "Blue Dollars". Apart from arriving and departing most of my stay in Argentina may be away from B.A. Will be heading for San Miguel de Tucuman and Salta, then towards Chile for a few days and back to visit Uruguay.
    rgds
    dOH

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SenorCarlsberg

From what i know Blue Dollar cambios are only in BA - my 2 friends and I did a bit of on-street trading back at the end of february and were getting about 12.85 Pesos on the Dollar and that included for $50 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SenorCarlsberg

From what i know Blue Dollar cambios are only in BA - my 2 friends and I did a bit of on-street trading back at the end of february and were getting about 12.85 Pesos on the Dollar, and that included for $50 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

We took euro with us to BA and we were able to pay with it in a lot of restaurants.. They give you an option to pay in Pesos, USD or Euro. It saved a lot of money really. Wish we had taken more but had no idea we could even pay in euro-it was just our back up fund!

Advertisement