Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time vaper

Options
  • 15-09-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Long time, but not heavy, smoker here thinking of trying the vaping.

There are a few vendors near me, VIP, smokegreen & healthier smoking.

Would anyone recommend any of these over the other?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Long time, but not heavy, smoker here thinking of trying the vaping.

There are a few vendors near me, VIP, smokegreen & healthier smoking.

Would anyone recommend any of these over the other?

Thanks!

Most people will recommend going straight to vapourizers over 'cig a likes' but I started on the cig a likes. I think they make the switch more gradual and less 'intense'.

SmokeGreen have very good cigalikes and the flavour is really nice (best ive tried and i would recommend them). Starter packs for cigalikes are around 15 - 25 bucks, depending on promotions.

SmokeGreen will also sell you the basic Ego vapourizer with liquid in a starter pack for about 25 - 30 euro. Unfortunately their liquid for vapourizers does not taste the same/ as good as that in their cigalikes but is fine to start out.

Cant really speak for VIP or Healthier Smoker as im not familiar with them though the latter have been in the news as they are being pursued for copyright infringement for the branding on their eliquids. I understand that VIP are not the most popular.

Finally, this is a pretty good forum to read up on starting out - read the stickys in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Calm Down Brah

Get a good starter kit, my advice avoid cigs likes their expensive and fairly rubbish. An ego battery and decent atty with some juice is the best starting point no fancy stuff can be complicated. Best value is online, try bargainvapour or vape freaks good quality and good prices. Bargain vapour do 5ml sample bottles of juices for 2 euro and you could pick up a few different flavours to try

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Theres alot more to this vaping lark than I first thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yes,
    there is a lot more to it than just going in buying a box of smokes but it's a lot more satisfying.
    You can make it very easy by buying a good starter kit and a few juices and that does a lot of people and helps them quit the fags,or like a lot of us here you can take the other route and want to try all the new shiny toys and new flavours then it becomes more of a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yes,
    there is a lot more to it than just going in buying a box of smokes but it's a lot more satisfying.
    You can make it very easy by buying a good starter kit and a few juices and that does a lot of people and helps them quit the fags,or like a lot of us here you can take the other route and want to try all the new shiny toys and new flavours then it becomes more of a hobby.

Read 'obsession'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Read 'obsession'.

yep,got me on that one :)

Still striving for the perfect vape.

Advertisement