Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 15-09-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have recently acquired a site and I am hopeful to build there in the next couple of years. As my username suggests I am completely clueless to all this. I know there have recently been new laws introduced in relation to self builds but I do not know a whole lot about same either. In order to be realistic and establish if it will be possible for me to build I need to know the costs involved (hidden and obvious) so that I can look into each individually. A mortgage is not possible for me as I have an existing mortgage currently. I am not looking to see how much the actual house may be to build (as I can see from others "how long is a piece of string" is mentioned a lot!), I know a lot will depend on size and individual taste but just want to go into this with my eyes wide open.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement