Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Economics be self taught?

Options
  • 15-09-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been doing Accounting for the past year, been struggling with it and finally decided to stop codding myself that I could pass and decided to switch. Thing is, I only switched last week, so basically, I'm taking up a new subject at the start of sixth year. The class I'm joining will have covered a lot of stuff already, so clearly, I'll be playing catch up on the stuff I missed, while simultaneously learning the stuff we're currently doing.

Effort isn't the problem, I'm willing to give it my all but my main concern is this - is Economics a subject I really can self teach, or will I have to get grinds in order to still get a good grade? I'm not starting Economics just so I can get a D3 (whereas I would have failed Accounting), I still want to get the best possible grade.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭First_October

Economics can definitely be self-taught in a year. Short course and loads of choice in the exam. I think there's been quite a few economics threads in this forum, so a bit of searching will get you plenty of advice.

Advertisement