Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 200 Error

Options
  • 14-09-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

i have been receiving a number of aleets from my alarm recently regarding EBUS expander communication fault. i'm not sure what those alerts are for but after receiving 3 texts in a row this morning i decided to try to resolve it and reset the alarm at the panel. unfortunately i seem to have done something (held reset for too long?) and the entire alarm went back to some previous setting, factory default?

Anyway i spent the last while trying to reprogramme the system, figuring out what zones corresponded to each area etc. i've completed this work but when trying to leave engineering mode i am receiving an error saying "zone 1 short". I cant see what is incorrect in the setting. Zone 1 is an entry/exit zone for the front door. Any ideas on what may be wrong with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

fitzie79 wrote: »
    i have been receiving a number of aleets from my alarm recently regarding EBUS expander communication fault. i'm not sure what those alerts are for but after receiving 3 texts in a row this morning i decided to try to resolve it and reset the alarm at the panel. unfortunately i seem to have done something (held reset for too long?) and the entire alarm went back to some previous setting, factory default?

Anyway i spent the last while trying to reprogramme the system, figuring out what zones corresponded to each area etc. i've completed this work but when trying to leave engineering mode i am receiving an error saying "zone 1 short". I cant see what is incorrect in the setting. Zone 1 is an entry/exit zone for the front door. Any ideas on what may be wrong with it?
    You need to check the end of line resistance setting for zone 1. If you are getting a short error the end of line should be set to none.

Advertisement