Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card

Options
  • 14-09-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

What would be a good upgrade on my Radeon HD 5670 within a reasonable budget upto 80 euros?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

€80 won't get you the best card but will get you a decent enough one. Put a bit more to your budget and you'll be able to get something class for around the €150 mark that will perform and last a lot better.

But as an upgrade I'd consider the ATI 7750 or nVidia GTX 650, which are around your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

€80 will get you a card about 1.5x faster than your current card, €140 will get one about 4x faster. Budget cards are actually very bad value if you want to game as you get very few fps per euro. You'd be better off saving for a while than find you're lagging again in 6 months and having to buy a completely new card then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The card I have which I paid considerably less than 80 euro for second hand a couple years ago gets a 7.0 out of 7.9 windows rating for graphics and gaming graphics.....it even plays the latest Fifa 15 demo at high specs with no lag....do I really need to pay that much more?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Those aren't really relevant benchmarks of a good GPU. FIFA isn't anything too fancy and those windows scores aren't worth a damn. Have a look at more I depth reviews on tech sites like Anandtech.

What do you intend to use this card for? What resolutions are you going to be running at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 5670 is very slow by current standards.

I think for you a €100 GTX750 would be a very nice upgrade with hugely improved performance and does not require any additional power, same as the 5670.

• Advertisement

Card is for gaming and streaming live sports, I run it off a monitor and big screen tv both at 1080p.....would rather stick with Radeon, would a 700 series be much of an improvement on mine or how do the 'R' series stack up? looking at some of them on Ebay for around the 90 euro price

The 260x is more or less the same as the GTX750, uses more power though.

Radeon R7 240 with boost was looking in PC world reduced to 79 from 110? any good 2GB DDR 3?

was looking at a gpuboss, rated less than a GTX 750 but is better than what I have now

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Radeon R7 240 with boost was looking in PC world reduced to 79 from 110? any good 2GB DDR 3?

was looking at a gpuboss, rated less than a GTX 750 but is better than what I have now

Waste of money at that price, less than 20 more for the 260X if you buy from Amazon. If you have to buy it today, I do believe PC World have a 260x for 119.99 which is a good price for a shop.

I don't think the r7 240 would even be an upgrade really.

260x is priced 96 euro on Pixmania......think I'll go with that, looks a good upgrade in my budget

• Advertisement

260x is priced 96 euro on Pixmania......think I'll go with that, looks a good upgrade in my budget

just noticed it needs a 4pin connector from the PSU.....will have to check there's a spare connector

It's a 6-pin you're looking for. What model computer do you have, or wattage psu if it's a self build?

It's a 6-pin you're looking for. What model computer do you have, or wattage psu if it's a self build?

It's an HP pro came very basic ....added an Althon Phenom II X4, 8 gigs ram, 780 watt psu

Advertisement