Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gsm line fault

Options
  • 14-09-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello all,

Look for some help,
    New alarm fitted recently in the shed and every morning around the same time I get the same text saying GSM Line flt,
    The alarm doesn't go off or anything just text with gsm line flt
    When I go to shed and unset alarm I get warning saying gsm line flt and the time it happen and text saying unset

Thanks john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

john_eire wrote: »
    Hello all,

Look for some help,
    New alarm fitted recently in the shed and every morning around the same time I get the same text saying GSM Line flt,
    The alarm doesn't go off or anything just text with gsm line flt
    When I go to shed and unset alarm I get warning saying gsm line flt and the time it happen and text saying unset

Thanks john

GSM line fault is the signal to the unit dropping off. Have you checked the signal on the GSM?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭john_eire

Thanks for replying

Have you checked the signal on the GSM? Can u tell me how to do this,

Is it unusual that it would loose the signal around the same time every day
    Thanks

john_eire wrote: »
    Thanks for replying

Have you checked the signal on the GSM? Can u tell me how to do this,

Is it unusual that it would loose the signal around the same time every day
    Thanks

Do you know what system you have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Call Pat

Problem with HKC. GSM Line Fault

Hi There. I have a hkc alarm only installed this year. It contains gsm q text dialler with a vodafone sim card. Today i have been getting several messages to my phone with the message GSM Line Flt. A Few weeks ago the same happened & it was ok for 3 weeks until today. There is credit on the sim card. What do you think is up with it & why is it texting me even when the alarm is not set.

Cheers Call Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublin15head

Not sure if I'm correct here - some of the mods may be able to verify this. I believe I've read somewhere before that a 'GSM Line Flt' can be caused by a text being sent to the SIM with an unknown command i.e. not ARM or UNSET or any of the recognized HKC commands.

I believe that is the reason why you should register your SIM online, so that you can top up online and also you can unselect Marketing texts and Notifications. It may be some of these that are causing the GSM Fault.

At this time of year, it may also be the case that Xmas and New Year texts are being sent to an incorrect number - your HKC SIM's number.

Just a thought, may only be a figment of my imagination! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Not sure if I'm correct here - some of the mods may be able to verify this.

not me sorry.

but would this not mean that to generate a fault all you'd need is the number of the sim card (regardless of marketing texts turned on or off), then just text it any old rubbish and you'll get a fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Call Pat

The sim card is registered already so i can top it up on line. Do you think i should change the sim card to a different provider or just get another vodafone sim card. i have the alarm in service mode at the minute so it wont go off at night sending texts & sounding off the keypads & wake the children (big & Small). So at the minute i'm afraid to use the alarm. Any Solutions i can try anyone???

Much Appreciated.

Call Pat wrote: »
    Problem with HKC. GSM Line Fault

Hi There. I have a hkc alarm only installed this year. It contains gsm q text dialler with a vodafone sim card. Today i have been getting several messages to my phone with the message GSM Line Flt. A Few weeks ago the same happened & it was ok for 3 weeks until today. There is credit on the sim card. What do you think is up with it & why is it texting me even when the alarm is not set.

Cheers Call Pat

GSM Line flt is the signal off the unit going down.
    I would try a different service provider or move the gsm to a different location.

I believe I've read somewhere before that a 'GSM Line Flt' can be caused by a text being sent to the SIM with an unknown command i.e. not ARM or UNSET or any of the recognized HKC commands.

If the sim receives a text you would usually get a code tamper text.
    These type of texts usually come from promotions from the service provider.
    They can be switched off to prevent this.

Advertisement