Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody else collect my post?

Options
  • 14-09-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Wondering if anybody knows about the workings of the post office....

I ordered somethings from Amazon and I know they will not fit through my letterbox. So normally I get a letter saying that I should collect them from the post office.. and I know from experience that they only hold on to the post for so long.. So normally when I collect post they ask for proof of identity - like my passport - to make sure they're handing it over to the right person.

Well this time, I have been sent abroad at the last minute for work and it's too late to contact Amazon to change the name/address on the post..

What I'm wondering is can I get somebody else to collect it for me? Anybody know how I do this? If not, does anybody know what my options are??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

yes on the letter you mentioned above there is an option to give somebody else permission to collect your delivery on your behalf technically you are supposed to sign this letter but one could find a "way" around this

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fakename4242

Great -cheers for the reply! I have a feeling my flatmate will not be overly accommodating to this but at least it's something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Great -cheers for the reply! I have a feeling my flatmate will not be overly accommodating to this but at least it's something

You can go online with their reference number from the notice and get it redirected to a friend or family member who will be home. Costs a few euro though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Could try using Parcel Motel next time,would save you the hassle of going to the sorting office etc.Usually quicker delivery from Amazon with them too I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

If it won't fit through their letter box, won't it be the same as An Post? (or does Parcel Motel work differently?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tampopo wrote: »
    If it won't fit through their letter box, won't it be the same as An Post? (or does Parcel Motel work differently?)

ParcelMotel.com

Advertisement