Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book cost on btea??

Options
  • 14-09-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I know there used to be a book grant with btea but cannot find any information about this online. Just wondering if this is still the case? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

There was none last year, it was abolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amymayw2198

So is there any other way to get help with regards paying for books do you know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Not to my knowledge, but others may have an idea. I assume you are starting college this year so my advise would be to hold off a while before buying books. You will then see what you will absolutely need for your course, nobody will have them all on day one I ended up buying a few books that were suggested reading (never used them). Some business courses require significant book purchases but in others like engineering, science, IT etc. you should be well catered by course notes and online resources. If you do need purchase have a look at sites like abebooks.com that do second hand books in great condition at significant discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amymayw2198

Thanks. I am already shelling out over a 1/3 of my btea payment on travel and also have a young son so any help I can get towards funding the cost of studying is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Your SU might have a list of 2nd hand books that students are selling off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Depending on the college you may be able to get a copy from the library, or maybe even the local county library.

Advertisement