Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert maths

Options
  • 14-09-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I'm currently studying a level 6 in business. I'm hoping to go back and re-do leaving cert maths in the hope of getting a C3. I recently sat my leaving cert this year and got a D1 (missed the deadline to view the scripts) I also want to sit another subject in hope of getting a higher C3 also (physics or science) I'm just wondering is this possible even though I'm studying for a level 6?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Possible in terms of allowed, yes of course, possible to juggle the workloads, I suppose only you really know that.

You would have to apply as an external candidate to the SEC in January and there will be additional fees as you are repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

I can easily fit in the time for maths. I'm really good at maths I was just overconfident at the exams that I didn't study for it. Can I do economics even though my college modules include economics?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    I can easily fit in the time for maths. I'm really good at maths I was just overconfident at the exams that I didn't study for it. Can I do economics even though my college modules include economics?

Yes of course. Your LC subjects are nothing to do with college.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Perfect!!! Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sharon dunne

hi I am thinking of reapting mates but this time doing honers maths as I need 330 in my leaving and only have 265 is this possible and where could I do it

• Advertisement

You can look locally for evening classes or grinds, but you need to apply in January to the SEC as an external candidate.
    https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ca

Advertisement