Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What copy to use for study???

Options
  • 14-09-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I want help deciding which copy to use for study notes.Which would be good any suggestions??
    a)Project book
    b)A4 hardback copy
    c)A4 ringbinder with refill pad pages
    d)A small copy
    e)A manuscript copy
    Any advice is needed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Which one would you like to use?
    It's your preference :)
    Edit: I use folders

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Which one would you like to use?
    It's your preference :)
    Edit: I use folders

Haha thanks but did you write your notes or they were just handouts.
    Edit: I was going to use a project book because its handy but I want other suggestions aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I write them all out
    If a teacher gives me handouts I put them into my own words, much easier to learn then

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PrettyRad

I always use hardback A4 copies. They may be heavier to cart around, but they're sturdy and will last you. They're also very easy to neatly stack on a shelf and keep notes organised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

I'm using OneNote and typing out any notes or handouts I get in my own words. I have a folder for school stuff with a tab for each subject. It's neater than writing out my own notes and I have access to it across all devices. Also have a revision checklist for each subject and a link to every exam question for each specific topic. Here's an example

• Advertisement

PrettyRad wrote: »
    I always use hardback A4 copies. They may be heavier to cart around, but they're sturdy and will last you. They're also very easy to neatly stack on a shelf and keep notes organised :)

I use hardback copies for school notes so they will be a pain to carry around if I have them for notes aswell :)
    I write them all out
    If a teacher gives me handouts I put them into my own words, much easier to learn then

Thanks that makes sense
    Magnate wrote: »
    I'm using OneNote and typing out any notes or handouts I get in my own words. I have a folder for school stuff with a tab for each subject. It's neater than writing out my own notes and I have access to it across all devices. Also have a revision checklist for each subject and a link to every exam question for each specific topic. Here's an example

Im not too keen on study on computers tbh I prefer the traditional way of studying which involves actual writing not typing( I always make a dog's hear out of tying)im a slow typer :)

coolerboy wrote: »
    Im not too keen on study on computers tbh I prefer the traditional way of studying which involves actual writing not typing( I always make a dog's hear out of tying)im a slow typer :)

Yeah I getcha, I type faster than I write so it makes sense for me.

What you could you if you wanted to is take pics of any written notes and if you have dropbox they'll sync to your computer so you can paste them into the relevant OneNote section. I do this for subjects like maths or when making diagrams.

Honestly I just don't really like working with paper or ringbinders and doing it this way allows me to study anywhere without having to look through folders to find stuff.

Yeah I getcha, I type faster than I write so it makes sense for me.

What you could you if you wanted to is take pics of any written notes and if you have dropbox they'll sync to your computer so you can paste them into the relevant OneNote section. I do this for subjects like maths or when making diagrams.

Honestly I just don't really like working with paper or ringbinders and doing it this way allows me to study anywhere without having to look through folders to find stuff.

Thanks I might try that for my science subjects,haha everyones different im a kinesthetic learner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Type your notes .
    You probably will in college anyway .

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Type your notes .
    You probably will in college anyway .

Really I thought it depends on your course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

coolerboy wrote: »
    Really I thought it depends on your course

Lots of people type notes in college .
    Or take rough notes in lectures and type them up later .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I use small copies for new vocab and use A4 for subjects like Geography. Trying to make mind-maps for every chapter and sticking em in folders. :)

I use small copies for new vocab and use A4 for subjects like Geography. Trying to make mind-maps for every chapter and sticking em in folders. :)

Do mind maps really help

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

why do people recommend mind maps so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Can i see pictures of your business and spanish notes? Just an example looks very good and organized

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Can i see pictures of your business and spanish notes? Just an example looks very good and organized

Sure, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Use coggle.it for mind maps - fantastic resource
    Quizlet is also great too!
    By the way I usually use a ring binder, a4 refill pad and about five different highlighters. That's what works for me though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

itsduffy wrote: »
    why do people recommend mind maps so much?

People who are visual learners find them helpful. For people who are not visual learners they are just confusing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spurious wrote: »
    People who are visual learners find them helpful. For people who are not visual learners they are just confusing.
    As someone who definitely falls into the second category, I can attest to this!!

Advertisement