Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which country produces the best movies?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

In terms of consistency, quality, and originality ?

Is it France, Italy , Spain , Japan , S.Korea , Sweden , U.k or some other?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

France, America and Japan are the big 3 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd be torn between Japan and South Korea, but it would hard to argue with America too, they've a long legacy of great movies

It's impossible to say for definite. Personally there's a number of countries who produce amazing work but it's important to remember that when it comes to foreign cinema we only get the best of the best, we don't get the lure budget direct to DVD trash or the creepy gross out comedies. When you consider that, then it's impossible to definitely say which country produces the best all round cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think Germany produces some excellent movies considering their TV shows are horrific to say the least. Most German TV drama makes Fair City actors performances emmy worthy. Movies like Das Boot, Das leben der Anderen, Auf der Anderen Seit are all excellent films.

Advertisement