Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Corona, only Corona light?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 8:04pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the last number of weeks my local off licences and supermarkets have only been stocking Corona light, and not the normal one. They say they cant seem to get any. I'm wondering if this is across the board - are they phasing it out or something does anyone know? I really hope not!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I literally only just copped this today. Been about 3 weeks since I could get any Corona. Been makinng do with Sol but its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭toffeeshel

Consignment landing next week.

Zascar wrote: »
    For the last number of weeks my local off licences and supermarkets have only been stocking Corona light, and not the normal one. They say they cant seem to get any. I'm wondering if this is across the board - are they phasing it out or something does anyone know? I really hope not!

Supplies have been patchy since the World Cup, there was a global shortage due to some **** up in Mexico. It's only recently been becoming available in small quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭squonk

Sure it's piss anyway, light or full fat! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Stick a lime in a bottle of Heino/Miller/Peroni and bobs yer uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I've noticed it is being replaced by Sol in a lot of places.

If you think Corona is bad...believe me Sol is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Dos Equis would be the other offering, nicer than Corona or Sol, still a pretty run of the mill lager IMHO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

My personal favourite (French) 'Mexican-style' beer is Sombrero in Aldi. They've essentialised Mexican history and culture down to the wearing of 'hats'.

Advertisement