Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Regiment - Solider Information?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am trying to source information (Service Record) for my Great Grandfather, William (Patrick) Kepple.

I know for definite that he was in the 1st Leinster Regiment and that he was in Madras, India in October 1921 with the 1st Leinster Regiment (we have a baptism record for his daughter). We have a Regiment Number of 9499 but have been told this was replaced by a Service Number between 7177001 to 7211000.

We thought he was born in 1893 but not sure on this now.

We have contacted the British Army Personnel Centre but they cannot locate his Service Record based on the information we have so far.

Would you have any suggestions on how I could obtain his Service Number or his Service Record? Or where to go from here?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

Advertisement