Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day trip to Oxford

Options
  • 13-09-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I am planning a day trip to Oxford from London whilst over there anyone any good recommendations for good restaurants, cafes, shops things to see?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

When I lived there, I never bothered with any of the Uni stuff sadly. I'd suggest the Pitt Rivers museum (it's free). Another thing you could do is take a bus to Woodstock and have a look at Blenheim Palace, where Winston Churchill was born.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Turl Street Kitchen is quite good.
    The covered market is grand for a stroll. Quarter Horse cafe on the cowley road is the best cafe and Oli's Thai out there too is excellent - book well in advance.

Mostl I'd say walk around. It's a lovely place to stroll around. Great parks too in Christ Church, University Park and Port Meadow.

Jericho is a lovely area with good pubs and cafés.

Advertisement