Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of compliance and certificate of exemption for garden room

Options
  • 12-09-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi

I have received great help on this forum so far. I previously posted that I had hired a garden designer ( he isn't an architent) to redesign my garden

He is building a garden room at the very back of my rear garden ( it is about 16sqm). It is not fully enclosed, has three walls. I don't need planning permission

My question is, if I wish to sell my house in the future,do I need to have both a Certificate of Building Compliance ( think thats the name) and a Certificate of planning exemption
    Who do I contact to get a certificate of planning exemption and who supplies the certificate of building compliance ( do I need to hire an architect /engineer now to look at how garden design and his team are building the garden room or can I hire someone after work is complete)

Thanks for your help

Advertisement