Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theatre Resource Website

Options
  • 12-09-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

This site has just gone live...

www.irishtheatre.ie

It has all theatre venues & festivals in Ireland, and all events , so it's a very useful addition

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks Luke. Are you affiliated with the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

No. It's the irish theatre institute.

I stuck up the above post before I had a proper look at the site, it turns out the events listing (which I was most excited about !) is using culturefox, so it's actually easier to use culturefox rather than irishtheatre.ie , as you can filter by date & town. There's often a lot of non-theatre stuff categorised as theatre in culturefox, and some venues don't post events, so I don't really use it.

So eh, maybe not as useful an addition as I originally thought, but it's handy having a list of all the festivals & companies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No. It's the irish theatre institute.

I stuck up the above post before I had a proper look at the site, it turns out the events listing (which I was most excited about !) is using culturefox, so it's actually easier to use culturefox rather than irishtheatre.ie , as you can filter by date & town. There's often a lot of non-theatre stuff categorised as theatre in culturefox, and some venues don't post events, so I don't really use it.

So eh, maybe not as useful an addition as I originally thought, but it's handy having a list of all the festivals & companies.

Yeah there's no submit button on the website either. I've emailed them (hence my question) so hopefully they reply

Advertisement