Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop placeholder prices?

Options
  • 12-09-2014 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I lived in London for the last three years and have just moved home in the last few months. One of the more unfortunate things about this is I have only just now realised how limited I am in where I can buy my games. Three games I'm majorly looking forward to are Smash Bros. 3DS, Bayonetta 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Gamestop is advertising all three of these for €59.99 each on their website at the moment. Bayonetta 2 I can understand, I have no qualms about paying €60 for that, especially since it includes the original, which I love, but €60 for a 3DS game? Hell no.

I was just wondering if this is something people have noticed Gamestop doing recently: placing inflated prices online on games that are a month or two away from release and then dropping them down to a normal price closer to release? I really would like to get these on release day but I haven't a notion of paying €60 for Smash Bros. 3DS or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when I could get them delivered from Amazon for around €45.

I know Gamestop isn't looked upon as the best gaming retailer around, but I would prefer to support local businesses rather than order online. The issue of release day delivery from buying online also crops up. I have pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors with standard delivery (3-5 business days I think that is) from Amazon as a test to see how long it takes to get here since I'm not as bothered about playing that on release day as I am about the others and if it arrives on release day, which I'm not getting my hopes up for, then I will probably just order from them if the Gamestop website doesn't drop the prices.

Thanks in advance for any info, much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fairly sure its been confirmed to be a placeholder price. Should retail for €50-ish

Advertisement