Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming pc build 500 euros

Options
  • 12-09-2014 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does any one no how to build a good gaming pc what parts. I am New to this. I would like to be able to play dayz gmod fallout cod

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SonicWind

500 is fairly low for a gaming PC build, DayZ is a fairly demanding game (especially the new standalone).
    CPU and GPU are going to be your biggest costs (depending on how powerful you go),
    RAM is not as important (just get a good brand),
    Disks are up to yourself, 1TB HDD goes for €60-€80 these days.
    Motherboards are important if you plan to upgrade later, spend a bit more now for the ports and performance you may need later. i.e. you may think about doing SLI later when you get a bit more money.

Alternatively, I know there is a guy in Tallaght on Adverts that does cheap-ish gaming PC's for people, he has loads of products to choose from.

"Pricespy" (google it) is handy to see if youre getting the best deal,
    CPUBoss, GPUBoss and SSDBoss are handy to see how the cards you'd be getting compare (useful for Nvidia vs AMD).

Advertisement