Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Base 2 Race swim analysis

Options
  • 11-09-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of this?

Would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Yes. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Yes. It depends.

Personally, I didn't feel I got much out of it. I think it's much better for fine refinements of technique than wholesale reworking of your stroke, which is what I needed.

I also hate that endless pool. With water bubbling at you I found it impossible to get a breath in. I also found that they turned the speed up very high and I was knackered after about 10 minutes of it.

On the flip side, Eanna seemed very knowledgeable and gave me good feedback on my stroke and drills to do to improve it.

Basically, I can how it could really benefit some people, but I'd never do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Eanna is a really nice guy, knows his swimming and is a good communicator.
    Some people don't like endless pools though.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Thanks folks. For €95 I figure it's worth a go. I have no concept of whether my stroke needs minor or major adjustment (although I don't think it's /that/ terrible). Generally seem to hear only good things about Eanna too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

If you're looking for Eanna to do it make sure you specify that. AFAIK, he's not the only person that does the analysis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Sinead at www.triswimmer.ie is excellent

B2R good too, I hated the flume though, used it when trying a wetsuit

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

was thinking of trying this out in October. spend the month working on my swimming.

Let us know how you get on.

shansey wrote: »
    was thinking of trying this out in October. spend the month working on my swimming.

Let us know how you get on.

Likely October before I actually do this. I'll post about the experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

RJM85 wrote: »
    Likely October before I actually do this. I'll post about the experience anyway.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering how you got on?
    I have a voucher for B2R and was leaning towards a helmet but if this really improved your swimming I may switch. Thanks

cart man wrote: »
    Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering how you got on?
    I have a voucher for B2R and was leaning towards a helmet but if this really improved your swimming I may switch. Thanks

Only going in this weekend. Life got in the way. I'll post about the experience next week

• Advertisement

Did this yesterday. Definitely a worthwhile experience. Being able to see on screen what was wrong was great. Got a couple of drills to work on. Hopefully I can see improvements over time.

Advertisement