Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Take Applied Maths?

Options
  • 11-09-2014 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello.

So this has been on my mind for over 2 weeks now.
    I'm in fifth year and am taking seven subjects in school. Two of which are science, business, french and the maths and the english. Also, I'm learning Russian as an extra subject for the Leaving Cert, but that should not be too hard since I already know how to speak Ukrainian.
    They are all higher level, so I want your advice.

Should I take applied maths?
    The problem is, is that I want to take it and learn the material but am just afraid that it will be too much to handle; taking 8 higher level subjects. So please, give me your sincere advice.
    It will be greatly appreciated.

Should I take Applied Maths? 5 votes

Yes, you should
    0% 0 votes
    No, you shouldn't
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you find Maths easy, you could, but I can't see why you would give yourself so much extra work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You're only in 5th year so you could try it for a few months or so and drop it again if you feel it's too much
    It's grand as a subject if you're good with maths

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I wouldn't recommend doing 8 HL subjects, 2 of which you have to teach yourself. It would be a lot of work.

But hey, don't let me stop you :P try it for a few months and see if it's manageable now and decide whether it will be manageable in June 2016.

I do hope you like Physics and Maths because that's what you'll be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ZaharH

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice.

If any more people have anything else to add please feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Im thinking of taking it up aswell but beware if you want to do well a minimum of a B grade in maths is required and if you do hl maths and physics it is a huge bonus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement