Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique & Collector Fair Portlaoise. 28th.sept

Options
  • 11-09-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Antique & Collector Fair, St. Mary's Hall, Portlaoise on Sunday 28th. September. 10.30am - 5.30pm.
    Furniture, Jewellery, Vintage Ware, China/Porcelain, Books, Clocks & Watches, Coins & Banknotes, Militaria, Postcards and much more.
    Unique gifts.
    Proceeds to Laoise Hospice.
    Please Support.
    Admission 3.00 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭owla

Hi all
    I am buying irish predecimal coins for my collection at present
    the prices that the coins retail at online i.e. ebay and adverts.ie bear absolutely no relation to the values represented on the irish coinage website which I would say is fairly reliable.
    while I understand that coin sellers need their commission, the prices seem totally upwards
    for example - this is only 1 of many I have encountered..
    1 1940 pingin in fine condition is valued at 4€ by irishcoinage website
    a fairly battered 1940 coin was not sold to me for under €40. by an online coin seller...
    so what are the values / marketable prices if your not going to a coin fair.. I am confused

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abbeym

Hi Owla,
    you are correct re 1940 penny from €4 to €10( in ef condition) . If you are in portlaoise next sunday call into the collectors fairs....expert coin sellers with realistic prices and free information !!!

Advertisement