Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for housemates

Options
  • 11-09-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've found an apartment 2 minute walk from the college (down by the Mace) but it's for 4-5 people and so far finding people still in need of accommodation at the college is turning out to be a lot harder than I originally thought. The landlord hasn't put it up online yet and I only found it by accident. There's 4 rooms, 2 double bed ensuites, a double bedroom and a room with a double and a single. If I can get 4 other people in he said it'd be 70 a week for the ensuites, 60 for the double on it's own and 60 per person for the double and the single. This would cover the rent and the internet but not the other bills, with the possible exception of the bins.
    If you're interested, or know anybody still looking, please get in touch just in case it goes before I can find enough people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

I'll post this here as well just in case (was in accommodation thread).

Hi mate! I'd probably be interested in this! Have been going mental the past few weeks trying to find a place, haha. I'd probably be only able to take one of the 60 a week rooms though as 65 a week is kind of my limit (for the room, obviously bills and stuff would be grand). Kind of a bit lost though about 300 a week bit, does that mean if there was only 2 people living there they'd have to pay 150 a week no matter what happens? But yeah I'm definitely interested, have contacted one or two others places but neither really suite me overly much, not as much as this would anyways :)

I don't know anyone else at the moment who might be interested, but I could ask around for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hawkeye182

Well the way the landlord described it to me sounded like it was 300 a week no matter how many people were there. Which is understandable I suppose but it's such a pain trying to find enough people to make it affordable, with us being lowly students and all.

Yeah I know what you mean!

I'll keep asking about anyway and if I can find enough people to make it affordable I'll let you know. Do you know anybody yourself who is still looking for a place?

Right thanks. I've asked a few people I know but they're either just not interested or all ready have a place. If I can get another person I'll let you know anyways!

• Advertisement

No worries man. Ah yeah, maybe it'll be a little easier when the whole college is back. I can always hope I guess :L Thanks man, I'll keep you updated myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mrty

Hawkeye182 wrote: »
    I've found an apartment 2 minute walk from the college (down by the Mace) but it's for 4-5 people and so far finding people still in need of accommodation at the college is turning out to be a lot harder than I originally thought. The landlord hasn't put it up online yet and I only found it by accident. There's 4 rooms, 2 double bed ensuites, a double bedroom and a room with a double and a single. If I can get 4 other people in he said it'd be 70 a week for the ensuites, 60 for the double on it's own and 60 per person for the double and the single. This would cover the rent and the internet but not the other bills, with the possible exception of the bins.
    If you're interested, or know anybody still looking, please get in touch just in case it goes before I can find enough people.

My only piece of advice to you is not to take in couples if you have any say in it at all.

Advertisement