Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty free Ugg type boots

Options
  • 11-09-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,

As the title suggests I'm looking for animal friendly uggs. I have the crappy penneys ones which are vegan by default but I really want good quality ones. Anyone know where I can get some in ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Olivia86

Oooh I had a look on that website ... the brown ones with the buttons & the cream lining are really cute! I think I have to invest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Thank you! I was hoping to find a bricks and mortar shop in Ireland so I can check them out for sizing and quality first. I should be so lucky I reckon!

I just found the site Wills Vegan Shoes based in the UK. I also just impulsively ordered a pair of boots (wedge heel ones) ... I hope they are okay! No ugg style ones but some nice other kinds!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah i'm not sure anywhere in ireland would have something like that.

Wills vegan shoes are awesome.

• Advertisement

Wills vegan shoes are awesome.

I think its the nicest shoe site I've found so far, and very reasonably priced, although I do like Beyond Skin too!

That site looks good, no mens yet though. They say soon! Thanks.

Wills vegan shoes are the only nice vegan shoes/boots I've seen for men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Just a quick update - I got my boots this morning from Wills & they're lovely. Really nice fit & quality and they even have the vegan logo on the inside of the boot! I would def order from that site again.

And I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for vegan Ugg style ones :)

Oops just realised I posted from an older account - have closed it now so there's no future confusion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thordo

PAWJ California makes some nice ones, and they're currently PETA-certified vegan - I don't know about retail availability in Ireland, but they ship worldwide.

New Orchard is a good bet too - they have free worldwide shipping, are higher-end, and are currently PETA-approved vegan.

Other options include Vesica Piscis (not certified vegan, but claim to be vegan-friendly and based/made in Elche, Spain, which is known as the 'cradle of footwear), as well as high-end Zette (currently PETA-approved, made in Europe/Brazil, based in Australia, and ships worldwide).

I hope this helps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement