Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breitling Watch Battery Change

Options
  • 11-09-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

I need a new battery for my watch but none of the Jewellers in town will do it or say they can do it. The one guy that was helpful says it'd have to be sent back to the company in order to make sure seals are water tight after replacement.

I was hoping to wear it to a wedding in a couple of weeks time and am afraid if I send it off it'll be months before I get it back.

Anyone have experience with company time frames or equally recommend an Irish Jeweller with the expertise to look after it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

If you send it back to Breitling I would think you will be waiting for weeks.

I would recommend trying Emily at watchrepairs.ie. You'll have to send the watch to her by registered post, but she'd probably be able to turn it round in a day so the watch would only be away 3 - 4 days.

Failing that the FastFix repair places in Dundrum TC/The Square Tallaght/St Stephen's Green Center can do battery replacement with reseal and pressure test. FastFix get quite mixed reviews but I've used them a couple times without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I got a Bell&Ross done in Stephens Green Fixit (which has similar internals to a Breitling - I know this because they came out to show me the internals and we had a chat about it!). Cost was somewhere between 20 and 30, think dependent on the pressure test being down, all finished in about an hour.

Advertisement