Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a Gaming PC

Options
  • 11-09-2014 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭

Over 3 years today I built myself a gaming PC instead of studying for my LC but when playing Arkham City over the past few days and with the new consoles being out I thought it was time for an upgrade. Problem is the last time I payed attention to what was out and what was coming out was over 3 years ago so I no longer have idea idea what I am doing.

I'm thinking CPU and/or GPU are the parts to be replaced and I'm looking at spending at most 200 each. Currently I have:

CPU: Intel i3 2100
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M PRO
    RAM: 4GB
    PSU: 500W (I think)

My main concern is spending 400 euro and I end up with only a tiny improvement. As far as CPUs go I was thinking either i5 3570K or i5 3570. I dont have much interest in overclocking so could save 30 euro but if there are no more plans for better LGA1155 CPUs then I might as well get the K version so I can get as much use before having to get a new motherboard.

For the GPU I just looked at what was selling best in my price range and the 7790 came up. While an upgrade from the 5770 it seems like it isnt enough of an upgrade so people recommend the 7850

For 435 euro am I getting a decent enough upgrade to justify the price?

Comments

Advertisement