Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to go to university abroad but don't know the ropes? Somebody help please

Options
  • 11-09-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I left school at 16 and went back this year at age 19 to do my Leaving Cert. I wasn't looking for points, I was just looking to pass everything, which I did.

My plan was to obtain a level 6 this year then go abroad (hopefully Canada) to university next year. But I didn't get into the level 6 I applied for this year.

So is there any other way I could do a PLC course this year that could ensure I end up in Canada or elsewhere next year?

To be honest I feel miserable in Ireland and want to get out of here ASAP.

How would I go about studying abroad next year?
    Or would I have to wait til next year to do a level 6 then the year after to go abroad?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You would need to check with the Canadian colleges what residency requirements they have and whether they accept FETAC awards for entry requirements. Most countries have very high fees for non-citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

spurious wrote: »
    You would need to check with the Canadian colleges what residency requirements they have and whether they accept FETAC awards for entry requirements. Most countries have very high fees for non-citizens.

I'm a Canadian citizen since I'm young that's why I'm opting for Canada. How would I find out what the entry requirements are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact the colleges. They should have them on their websites.

Even if you're a citizen, they still might have residency requirements, like Ireland has.

Advertisement