Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POL MCPA Spraying

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Guys, & Gals,

I sprayed a few fields with POL MCPA last week (first fields seeing the weeds dying off nicely - and waiting for this weekend to see how the rushes are faring) and the instructions say not to graze until the weeds have died off and are unpalateable.
    I'm not keen on taking a bite - is there any rule of thumb re how long I should keep the cattle off? Should I also wait for rain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

lanod2407 wrote: »
    Guys, & Gals,

I sprayed a few fields with POL MCPA last week (first fields seeing the weeds dying off nicely - and waiting for this weekend to see how the rushes are faring) and the instructions say not to graze until the weeds have died off and are unpalateable.
    I'm not keen on taking a bite - is there any rule of thumb re how long I should keep the cattle off? Should I also wait for rain?

Think it's around 10 days before u can graze after mcpa. Will take the rushes a lot longer than that to die as well

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Think it's around 10 days before u can graze after mcpa. Will take the rushes a lot longer than that to die as well

Thanks - good to know that about the rushes - I'd have been swearing away this weekend if they hadn't started showing signs of falling away.
    What timeline should I expect?

I got the place topped 6 or 7 weeks ago, and sprayed the main rushes fields last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

lanod2407 wrote: »
    Thanks - good to know that about the rushes - I'd have been swearing away this weekend if they hadn't started showing signs of falling away.
    What timeline should I expect?

I got the place topped 6 or 7 weeks ago, and sprayed the main rushes fields last weekend.

Soft green regrowths of rushes like that will die a good bit quicker, but it's nxt yr that u'll really see the benefit of spraying them

Advertisement