Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capall Racing

Options
  • 10-09-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

There is a new racing club been launched called Capall Racing with Gordon Elliott training the horses, not a huge amount of info but might interest some.

http://capallracingclub.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

This made me laugh

"A weekly email update on how your horse is progressing in training as well as titbits of info on other horses in Gordon’s yard."

At 450 a year you must be looking at least in the syndicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Winning Ways Racing

There have been a few incarnations of Gordon's racing club. He had one a few years back using Annie's colours. There was another on Facebook last year. Whoever was organising that got some horrid abuse which was uncalled for. Without more detail and a particular horse you are getting involved in, it's hard to assess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with any of these you're best to go for ones offering a defined share in a specific horse imo, too many of these racing clubs are just a moneymaking racket and can have an infinite number of members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Michael O'Callaghan has set the bar for how to operate syndicates. Up to others to match him.

0_0_0_0_718_561_csupload_65629524.jpg?u=1690341489

http://www.mdocallaghanracing.com/2014-Yearling-Syndicates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Winning Ways Racing

I'm interested in the O'Callaghan syndicate myself as it is very similar to our own approach which is transparency on costs. I'd like to dabble a little on the flat but our trainer is NH so needed another outlet. I've made contact but the stumbling block, at the moment, is a lack of a syndicate agreement which should be the first thing that is prepared when doing something like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement