Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E - liquid help please

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on e - juices? I've been vaping about 7 weeks now I started with healthier smoker silk purple (I think it was called) then moved to the 18mg. When I went to get more last week they had non...not sure if it's to do with the liquidation rumours. ..tge girl said it was that they were changing the name of Company and liquids. So she gave me 18mg Carlos. ..which was ok. I started looking on here and yesterday ordered 30 ml of silk cut 18mg, 10 ml of DK4, 10 ml cherry and 10 ml tbs espresso from best shop - fantastic service received them within 24 hours! Just tried the DK 4 and I didn't like it at all :( added a drop of cherry...made it a bit more bearable...not much tho. So trying the silk cut now and not so keen either. Can anyone recommend any other ones? Nearly afraid to try the espresso! I'm using an ego firebird. ..is there a better brand e cig? Sorry for all the questions...any help wud be fantastic thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Juice is simply a matter of personal taste.

You could try e-smokeireland's Wingnut range, they do a sample pack which is a good way of trying a few different flavours.

Most shops will let you try a few different ones if you have one local.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cccf42

Thanks fratton Fred I know what u mean about taste was just thinking maybe someone here had liked/disliked the ones I did so might be able to recommend. I'll definitely try the wing nuts sample pack that's a v good idea cheers!

Any advice on an ecig? Is there a better one to the one I use - ego firebird with a plastic clearomiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cccf42 wrote: »
    Thanks fratton Fred I know what u mean about taste was just thinking maybe someone here had liked/disliked the ones I did so might be able to recommend. I'll definitely try the wing nuts sample pack that's a v good idea cheers!

Any advice on an ecig? Is there a better one to the one I use - ego firebird with a plastic clearomiser?

It really is all down to how much you want to spend.

The clearomizer on the firebird is pretty bad. I could barely get any vape out of it.

I bought a H2 clearomizer the day after i bought mine and it was much better:

http://www.vapefreaks.com/H2_Clearomizer/p2486621_11576309.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If you're getting the sample pack, grab the aspire maxi bvc at the same time. Alternatively, their aspire twist starter kit is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The juices might also need steeping.Give them a good shake and leave the tops off for a few hours,then cap them and put them in a cool dark place for a few days.
    This often changes the flavour of juices and gets rid of the chemical taste some juices have.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help guys. Gonna Def give some samples a try. Whatever it is with me the ones I bought don't agree with me...my throat sore and nose feels tickly and everyone in house complaining of the rotten smell off them...oh well live n learn!! :-)

Thanks for your help guys. Gonna Def give some samples a try. Whatever it is with me the ones I bought don't agree with me...my throat sore and nose feels tickly and everyone in house complaining of the rotten smell off them...oh well live n learn!! :-)

I am new to the whole vaping scene myself, but you may have a PG intolerance.

It could be just the juice too though

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Depending on where you live there is most likely another shop near you that sells e liquid other than Healthier smoker. In my limited experience the franchise shops are no good. If there is go into it they'll see you right. If not again in my limited experience you can't go wrong with Wingnuts juice. Read some of the reviews in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339328 it might give you some ideas.

Thanks nuttyboy I've found out there's a shop selling vaping dog near me so might give them a try tmw as well as ordering the wing nuts samples.

Their juices are ok I've tried a few. If you are looking for a tobacco flavour their Light Red one is ok has a nice caramel after taste. But again like I said if you can stay away from the franchise shops they are mostly there to make money where the independent ones are more run by people who are into vaping as a hobby. As an example I was in one Vaping 365 shop and the guy working there didn't vape but told me he had tried the liquids in 0mg nicotine, when I asked to try some in 0mg I was told they didn't stock it.

But most important for you find what suits you, if it keeps you of cigarettes stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The vaping dog stuff is ok, I tried a few of their flavours.

Red energy tastes like red bull, alright but too sweet for me.

Kiwi, raspberry and orange are all not bad but not fantastic either.

The wingnuts range is a lot tastier and cheaper too.

Thanks a mill Def ordering wing nuts samples but need to get something to keep me going in the mean time. When you say the independent vendors as opposed to eg. Healthier smoker what type ones are independent? Thanks again!

Where are you based and we can tell you what shops are near you.

The chains would be shops like healthier smoker, vaping365 etc that have their own juice lines and rebranded ego batteries etc. The staff in some of these place don't have a clue.

There are independent shops that sell quality stuff, decent juices from america and the EU, authentic batteries and clearomisers and these shops will be able to point you to the right stuff since the people who own them usually vape themselves. Shops like the ploom room in dungarvan, e-smokeireland in ennis and dublin, cigatec in dublin too I think.

Vaporpal is a chain but they are pretty good too, nice range of juices and other bits and they know their stuff. I've only been to the one in cork though.

Cigatec in Dun Laoghaire, E-smoke Ireland in Palmerston (they have a shop in Ennis too and have all the Wingnuts) Eco Vape in Bray these are the ones I've used there are a lot more. If you can give us a general idea of where you live someone here will be able to recommend a shop.

Thanks again I know what ye mean now. I'm nearest to Limerick, anyone know an independent one in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

E-cigshop have one in limerick.
    News:

Our shop is now open in Limerick. Come and check us out. Address: 39 Chapel Str. Limerick.

Thanks again I know what ye mean now. I'm nearest to Limerick, anyone know an independent one in limerick?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91328006

Here you go there is a couple mentioned in this thread. The Vapourpal one mentioned is the one chain store that was mentioned in this thread that is ok. The new one everyone mentions in it is http://e-cigshop.eu/.
    Go there first if you can as he will have a lot of flavours out that you can sample and from reading the post and other places I have heard about the shop he seems great to deal with Viktor is the guys name I think.

Thanks so much again guys. Had seen the one on chapel street when I Google it id seen about vaping dog so had made the presumption it was just that ejuice sold there. Now yeve explained and been a great help will pay a visit there tmw thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, E Cig Shop in Limerick is good and your man Viktor is sound. Chapel St is basically the top of Cruises st.

You can try all the liquids available before you buy and the guy is knowledgeable.

Thanks j mysterio will pop in there tmw. Think I'm gonna end up needing a new e cig too :-/ was vaping this evening and ended up with a mouthful of ejuice oh yuck!!!

• Advertisement

http://e-cigshop.eu/Clearomizers/Aspire%20ET-S%20BDC

Get one of those and a few spare coils, really good vape. The battery you have already is probably fine.

Well thanks a million to everyone for all the advice. I went into e-cigarette shop and yes...I cudnt recommend them highly enough! They were brilliant. Very knowledgeable and helpful! I also got the clearomiser recommended...its amazing!! Some difference!! I tried the first vape from it and nearly choked :-D I was so used to my other one gurgling id know it was vaping but id still only get a small amount of vapour...this one was lovely and quiet so wasn't expecting the huge amount of vapour...so much better than old clearomiser! I picked 2 liquids that I tried there and really like- a liqua traditional tobacco and a vaping dog smooth tobacco. So I'm a very happy vaper this evening! Thanks to all the advice here and ecigshop :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Sounds like your on the slippery road to buying lots of shiney things :) enjoy

Sounds like your on the slippery road to buying lots of shiney things :) enjoy

Ha ha yes unfortunately I think I am :-D once it keeps me off dreaded cigarettes that I was off of 10 years till last year ill b ok :-)

Well thanks a million to everyone

What Clearo did you go for? the BDC?

moonboy52 wrote: »
    What Clearo did you go for? the BDC?

Yep :)

Yep :)

Oh wait! I showed him the pic of the aspire clearomiser so had thought that's what it was I didn't take any notice but he gave me the kanger tech evod 2. It cost €10 in the shop but on website for €5.50?

Good stuff in no time you'll be talking about rebuildables and mixing your own juice. Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bmc58

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on e - juices? I've been vaping about 7 weeks now I started with healthier smoker silk purple (I think it was called) then moved to the 18mg. When I went to get more last week they had non...not sure if it's to do with the liquidation rumours. ..tge girl said it was that they were changing the name of Company and liquids. So she gave me 18mg Carlos. ..which was ok. I started looking on here and yesterday ordered 30 ml of silk cut 18mg, 10 ml of DK4, 10 ml cherry and 10 ml tbs espresso from best shop - fantastic service received them within 24 hours! Just tried the DK 4 and I didn't like it at all :( added a drop of cherry...made it a bit more bearable...not much tho. So trying the silk cut now and not so keen either. Can anyone recommend any other ones? Nearly afraid to try the espresso! I'm using an ego firebird. ..is there a better brand e cig? Sorry for all the questions...any help wud be fantastic thanks!
    Just try the plain COWBOY blend.No frills or flavours.I tried some of the flavoured ones and found them distasteful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ALVINI

Oh wait! I showed him the pic of the aspire clearomiser so had thought that's what it was I didn't take any notice but he gave me the kanger tech evod 2. It cost €10 in the shop but on website for €5.50?

Just to note that the prices in high street shops are always more expensive than online shops, because there are no overheads to pay in an online shop. ;)

Advertisement