Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOF 98 UMFE and KOF 2002 UM coming to Steam later this year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Colour me a happy man if they actually bother to give them functional netcode and a lick of paint.

In the more likely scenario that it's straight ports of the PS2/360 versions: meh.

2002UM has some really silly presentation issues that irk me to no end:
    -Iori still having his oooooooold walk animation that looks nothing like his other sprites (and was redrawn in NGBC/XI which were released before UM).
    -The great new artwork being crushed down to pathetically low res ingame.
    -That horrible old cookie cutter menu from all the other PS2 ports.

Nitpicks maybe but when you're re-releasing an old-ass game again (which in itself was supposed to be a polished and updated re-release) there's no excuse for not polishing the presentation and ironing out stupid things like that.

Would probably still buy 98UM anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

KOF 98 UMFE is now available. I don't have it yet, but so far I'm hearing that the online play is decent, even though is doesn't have GGPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Yreval wrote: »
    KOF 98 UMFE is now available. I don't have it yet, but so far I'm hearing that the online play is decent, even though is doesn't have GGPO.
    Anybody else pick this up? I've seen one person online, with 3,000 ms ping. Even locally, I'm not expecting great things from my connection, but I still wanna try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Initial reports are a bit sketchy, not sure whether to bother or not.

Love KoF but you can only buy so many garbage ports.

Advertisement