Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Experiments are optional?

Options
  • 10-09-2014 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey!

Just a little confused, are the chemistry and physics experiments optional? Is there one for Physchem also? I keep getting told by people that there are practicals for these subjects, but my teacher told me there is none for Physchem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hey!

Just a little confused, are the chemistry and physics experiments optional? Is there one for Physchem also? I keep getting told by people that there are practicals for these subjects, but my teacher told me there is none for Physchem.

There are mandatory experiments and there's optional experiments. You have to do all of the mandatory experiments. This is for physics. Not sure about Chemistry or Physichem

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

There are some experiments in chemistry which are not compulsory but help with understanding certain aspects, then there are mandatory experiments that MUST be done. On the LC paper you have to answer 2 questions out of 3 based on experiments. You can't avoid them. They can also pop up in the other section as well. I would recommend doing all the experiment questions however incase something goes wrong :) i did and got an A1. You have to answer 8 questions in total two of them being experiment questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

There are mandatory experiments in both Physics and Chemistry that have to be written up - if an inspector visits your school and sees that you don't have them done, they can bar you from sitting the exam in June. Not entirely sure about PhysChem though.

Advertisement