Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two sims on phone.

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10

Hi, is there a phone i can get that can take 2 sim cards.
    EG; work phone sim (calls and texts) private sim for data.
    And can it be set up so im not switching settings all of the time to suit one or the other.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

amazon have dual sims, there are also the chinese sellers on moore street and the likes, I think in harvey norman and did as well * I could be wrong though.
    It does depend on the phone though. Adverts have them as well. Check the chinese phone thread, there are loads selling phones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The new Motorola Moto G has two SIM slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

The new Motorola Moto G has two SIM slots.

Not the standard one but there is a dual sim one but probably not available in Ireland so would need to get it online

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not the standard one but there is a dual sim one but probably not available in Ireland so would need to get it online

Are you sure about that? I've only seen the dual SIM version for sale - XT1068. XT1063 is the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The 2nd gen Moto G is dual sim as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Venom wrote: »
    The 2nd gen Moto G is dual sim as standard.

Anyone know if its possible to have 3g Data on both sims ?

I travel across border and previous experience of dual sims is one sim slot is 3g and the other is gsm only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 tree stump

cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I travel across border and previous experience of dual sims is one sim slot is 3g and the other is gsm only.

Unlikely.
    This is for the dual SIM 1st Gen Moto G
    http://allaboutmotog.com/moto-g-how-to-guide/how-to-use-dual-sim-cards-on-moto-g/

Guess it'll be the same for the 2nd Gen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

You can have 3G data on both sim slots, but only one sim at a time, and you have to designate it each time. Not a big deal, since you will be switching active sim anyway when you cross borders. An easy auto designating app waiting to be written.

Advertisement