Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof walking shoes with good grip

Options
  • 10-09-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was travelling last year and bought a pair of waterproof merrell walking shows with vibram soles. Here they are:

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/12465M/28972/Mens/Moab-GORE-TEX

I've always noticed the grip on the shoes wasn't great. I was walking down a wet man-made ramp (made of individual pieces) and my foot slipped - my foot twisted all the way round and ankle broke! Granted, wet wood will always be very slippery, but I just don't trust these shoes anymore!

Could someone recommend a pair of waterproof walking shoes that have good grip? I will be travelling so will probably use them for everything - forest, ice, hills, etc. A sort of "utility" shoe as I won't be able to carry multiple pairs.

Thanks!

Advertisement