Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Speaking and Listening

Options
  • 09-09-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I was wondering if any of you know any good resources for practicing your French listening, which would then improve your spoken French. I've listened to a few radio stations like Chante France and FranceInter, but they're very hard to keep up with, especially the latter.

If I keep listening to these, will I eventually get up to speed, or should I find something else instead? Links to resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Try some French TV especially the news, it helps sometimes to have a visual when you're starting out. I can't remember what our teacher used to put on

Edit; just remembered, its tf1. It's quite helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Swood Grommet

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I couldn't find tf1, but I did come across tf5, which I have so far seen news and movies being broadcast on. It's a little worrying that I can't understand some shows very well without subtitles, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement