Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wendesday 10th September

Options
  • 09-09-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

3.35 Doncaster

Bob 16/1

I'm hoping I wont regret having a bet in the 'Legends Race' in which all jockeys on board are retired but I think Les Eyre's 4 year old has a really good chance in this contest if rediscovering the form he showed in Spain (same trainer) last year when winning 3 times I think he's got a great chance in this open looking contest. After a 6 year stint of training in Spain, Ebor winning trainer Les Eyre returned to British shores this season and took up training in North Yorkshire with a good degree of success with 8 wins since March. From his Spanish string, 3 horses returned to Britain with Eyre including Compton Park and Real Tigress who have won 3 and 2 races respectively improving 13lb+ each and his other Spanish animal Bob has been by far the most disappointing of the three. Having arrived in Britain rated 80, Bob has fallen 10lb in 4 runs but the words of David Allan (main jockey Eyre utilises) are still ringing in my head that Bob was the horse that the yard felt would be the most successful of the imports and I think it's too early to give up on him yet. After two abysmal runs, Bob ran a much more promising 3rd (still beaten nearly 8L) in a good race at Haydock back in May in which the 2nd and 4th won on their next starts and it certainly was a sign that he was coming to hand. He did, however, run a bit below par on his final start at Beverley off a mark of 74 just 11 days later (ran well to a point) and maybe he found the run coming too soon/didn't like the undulating track.

Nevertheless, Bob has been given a 91 day break from the track and the handicapper's decision to drop him 4lb to a mark of 70 allows him to qualify for this Classified Stakes Race. A winner 3 times in Spain last year, I'm not even going to attempt to translate those wins to form here but it is quite noticeable that David Allan went of to ride him twice in Spain (1 win) and he did finish up contesting a Listed contest on his final Spanish start so I think it's definitely safe to assume that form should be good enough to see him win a 0-70 Classified contest. With only 6 of the field rated 70, Bob actually meets 9 of his opponents on better terms than he would in a handicap which can only be a good thing and I think he'll appreciate this contest run over the straight mile. This race is unique given that is contested by retired 'Legend' jockeys and the man on board Bob tomorrow is Dale Gibson. Gibson was a former flat jockey who retired back in 2009 and, finishing runner up in this contest in the inaugural running back in 2010, he's certainly not a pilot I am at pains to see on board. One of the organisers of the contest, I'd say there is a fair chance that Gibson had his pick of a few of these mounts and I'm hoping Les Eyre has given him the nod that he is expecting a very big run. Although he hasn't been great in Britain, Bob may have found it difficult acclimatising to Britain's more temperate climate and I'm hoping in the last 3 months they have gotten him back to his best and he has won off a similar lay off in the past. Races of this nature are something you can't go crazy at but I think he's too good a price to turn down at 16/1 and hopefully he can record his first victory on British soil and take the 'Legend's Race' for Dale Gibson.

7.15 Kempton

Royal Warranty 4/1

I'm very surprised that the handicapper has allotted Royal Warranty and opening mark of 72 I'll be quite disappointed if Andrew Balding's filly isn't victorious tonight. Royal Warranty made a very promising debut when a fast finishing 3rd over 1m at Lingfield's AW track on her sole 2 year old outing last December as she flew from the clouds, making up a lot of ground in the process, to be beaten just 1.5L. Although that Maiden is only ok form, it was hard not to be impressed with the amount of ground she made up over what was always going to be too short a trip judged on breeding and it was a very pleasing introduction. Given a few months off the track, Royal Warranty made her seasonal reappearance returned to Lingfield over 10f as she ran another blinder to finish 2nd to a very decent horse in the shape of Big Orange. Having tracked the eventual front running winner, Royal Warranty was caught a little for toe entering the home turn and dropped back to 2nd in the straight but she picked up again late on as she ran all the way to the line to be beaten by a little over 1L. Although the winner wasn't pushed all the way, Royal Warranty lost absolutely nothing in defeat against her male counterpart as he has since gone on to finish 4th in the Queens Vase at Royal Ascot before subsequently winning a Listed Handicap off a mark of 101 on his subsequent outings and switched to handicap company Royal Warranty will certainly not face a horse of that calibre tonight. Additionally, the 3rd home Invasor (front 3 well clear) is now rated 80 having finished an excellent 2nd in a AW handicap off 75 and it was a superb effort by Balding's filly on just her 2nd start.

Royal Warranty deservedly got off the mark at the 3rd time of asking when running out a good winner of a Maiden at Bath on turf debut over 1m2f back in May in a race that has again turned out to be pretty useful form. Having been held up towards the rear of mid division, Royal Warranty was pushed along from about the 3f mark but she responded generously to Probert's earning to assert late on and score by 1L. Although none of those in behind have won, the 2nd and 3rd have run really well in handicaps subsequently and are rated 78 and 80 respectively and, given that Royal Warranty beat those two and has been handed an opening mark of 72, it certainly is another pointer that makes me feel she is very well handicapped. Given a 113 day break here, Royal Warranty is stepped into handicap company for the first time and is upped to 12f and she has certainly raced as if the step up in trip would suit. Additionally, her dam Royal Patron was a winner over 14f so she is definitely bred to be suited by the step up in trip and she's got a lovely draw in stall 3. Looking at the field, there looks like there should be a decent bit of pace which should suit her ideally. With 5lb covering the field, this looks a very competitive affair on paper but I firmly believe that Royal Warranty has been let in quite lightly by the handicapper and I will be very, very surprised if she doesn't end up being quite a bit better than a mark of 72 in time. With David Probert riding at Doncaster in the afternoon, Liam Keniry (who partnered Royal Warranty on her debut) takes the ride and if he can get a nice sit on the rail nowhere worse than midfield I think she's going to take an incredible amount of beating for an in form Andrew Balding yard and I've gone in fairly large on her today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Great write ups as usual Rossom. I see Rio Ronaldo is declared in a maiden tomorrow at Wolverhampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

And bob down to 8's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The price seems to be gone about Bob but for anybody doing it Powers are money back 2nd and 3rd as free bet and are best priced of the main bookies at 9's

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

top stuff rossom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Back on form Rossom! Raging I missed it now. Fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Amazing stuff Ross. Just checked here on the off chance 5mins before the race. Glad i did won myself a few BOB there. Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Fair play Rossom - serious going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

rossom wrote: »
    3.35 Doncaster

Bob 16/1

I'm hoping I wont regret having a bet in the 'Legends Race' in which all jockeys on board are retired but I think Les Eyre's 4 year old has a really good chance in this contest if rediscovering the form he showed in Spain (same trainer) last year when winning 3 times I think he's got a great chance in this open looking contest. After a 6 year stint of training in Spain, Ebor winning trainer Les Eyre returned to British shores this season and took up training in North Yorkshire with a good degree of success with 8 wins since March. From his Spanish string, 3 horses returned to Britain with Eyre including Compton Park and Real Tigress who have won 3 and 2 races respectively improving 13lb+ each and his other Spanish animal Bob has been by far the most disappointing of the three. Having arrived in Britain rated 80, Bob has fallen 10lb in 4 runs but the words of David Allan (main jockey Eyre utilises) are still ringing in my head that Bob was the horse that the yard felt would be the most successful of the imports and I think it's too early to give up on him yet. After two abysmal runs, Bob ran a much more promising 3rd (still beaten nearly 8L) in a good race at Haydock back in May in which the 2nd and 4th won on their next starts and it certainly was a sign that he was coming to hand. He did, however, run a bit below par on his final start at Beverley off a mark of 74 just 11 days later (ran well to a point) and maybe he found the run coming too soon/didn't like the undulating track.

Nevertheless, Bob has been given a 91 day break from the track and the handicapper's decision to drop him 4lb to a mark of 70 allows him to qualify for this Classified Stakes Race. A winner 3 times in Spain last year, I'm not even going to attempt to translate those wins to form here but it is quite noticeable that David Allan went of to ride him twice in Spain (1 win) and he did finish up contesting a Listed contest on his final Spanish start so I think it's definitely safe to assume that form should be good enough to see him win a 0-70 Classified contest. With only 6 of the field rated 70, Bob actually meets 9 of his opponents on better terms than he would in a handicap which can only be a good thing and I think he'll appreciate this contest run over the straight mile. This race is unique given that is contested by retired 'Legend' jockeys and the man on board Bob tomorrow is Dale Gibson. Gibson was a former flat jockey who retired back in 2009 and, finishing runner up in this contest in the inaugural running back in 2010, he's certainly not a pilot I am at pains to see on board. One of the organisers of the contest, I'd say there is a fair chance that Gibson had his pick of a few of these mounts and I'm hoping Les Eyre has given him the nod that he is expecting a very big run. Although he hasn't been great in Britain, Bob may have found it difficult acclimatising to Britain's more temperate climate and I'm hoping in the last 3 months they have gotten him back to his best and he has won off a similar lay off in the past. Races of this nature are something you can't go crazy at but I think he's too good a price to turn down at 16/1 and hopefully he can record his first victory on British soil and take the 'Legend's Race' for Dale Gibson.

Didn't need to worry about the nature of the race as Dale Gibson gave him a belter. Was more confident than I probably should have been in a race of that nature but David Allan's words stuck with me strongly. Hope a few followed me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Deadly one rossom
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Well done Rossom! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

3.35 Doncaster

Bob 16/1

7.15 Kempton

Royal Warranty 4/1

I'm very surprised that the handicapper has allotted Royal Warranty and opening mark of 72 I'll be quite disappointed if Andrew Balding's filly isn't victorious tonight. Royal Warranty made a very promising debut when a fast finishing 3rd over 1m at Lingfield's AW track on her sole 2 year old outing last December as she flew from the clouds, making up a lot of ground in the process, to be beaten just 1.5L. Although that Maiden is only ok form, it was hard not to be impressed with the amount of ground she made up over what was always going to be too short a trip judged on breeding and it was a very pleasing introduction. Given a few months off the track, Royal Warranty made her seasonal reappearance returned to Lingfield over 10f as she ran another blinder to finish 2nd to a very decent horse in the shape of Big Orange. Having tracked the eventual front running winner, Royal Warranty was caught a little for toe entering the home turn and dropped back to 2nd in the straight but she picked up again late on as she ran all the way to the line to be beaten by a little over 1L. Although the winner wasn't pushed all the way, Royal Warranty lost absolutely nothing in defeat against her male counterpart as he has since gone on to finish 4th in the Queens Vase at Royal Ascot before subsequently winning a Listed Handicap off a mark of 101 on his subsequent outings and switched to handicap company Royal Warranty will certainly not face a horse of that calibre tonight. Additionally, the 3rd home Invasor (front 3 well clear) is now rated 80 having finished an excellent 2nd in a AW handicap off 75 and it was a superb effort by Balding's filly on just her 2nd start.

Royal Warranty deservedly got off the mark at the 3rd time of asking when running out a good winner of a Maiden at Bath on turf debut over 1m2f back in May in a race that has again turned out to be pretty useful form. Having been held up towards the rear of mid division, Royal Warranty was pushed along from about the 3f mark but she responded generously to Probert's earning to assert late on and score by 1L. Although none of those in behind have won, the 2nd and 3rd have run really well in handicaps subsequently and are rated 78 and 80 respectively and, given that Royal Warranty beat those two and has been handed an opening mark of 72, it certainly is another pointer that makes me feel she is very well handicapped. Given a 113 day break here, Royal Warranty is stepped into handicap company for the first time and is upped to 12f and she has certainly raced as if the step up in trip would suit. Additionally, her dam Royal Patron was a winner over 14f so she is definitely bred to be suited by the step up in trip and she's got a lovely draw in stall 3. Looking at the field, there looks like there should be a decent bit of pace which should suit her ideally. With 5lb covering the field, this looks a very competitive affair on paper but I firmly believe that Royal Warranty has been let in quite lightly by the handicapper and I will be very, very surprised if she doesn't end up being quite a bit better than a mark of 72 in time. With David Probert riding at Doncaster in the afternoon, Liam Keniry (who partnered Royal Warranty on her debut) takes the ride and if he can get a nice sit on the rail nowhere worse than midfield I think she's going to take an incredible amount of beating for an in form Andrew Balding yard and I've gone in fairly large on her today.

Great spotting with Bob,nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i was on this one too. got it at 8's...cheers mate!

Cheers lads. Glad to see a few got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Hey lads just off the phone with my colleague, he is on rotten form so take from it what you will.

Says tonnes of money coming for one in Galway and good word.

10 Sep 2014 - 7:00 Galway - Win

Mitebeall Forluck @ 13/2 EW @ 1/4 1-2

Thanks rossom nice drift on on royal warranty double would be so sweet!!!!!

Hey lads just off the phone with my colleague, he is on rotten form so take from it what you will.

Says tonnes of money coming for one in Galway and good word.

10 Sep 2014 - 7:00 Galway - Win

Mitebeall Forluck @ 13/2 EW @ 1/4 1-2

Sad to see his luck continues. Thanks for posting though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Royal Warranty ran a nice race to finish 3rd considering the drift in the market. Off her mark should easily pick up a race soon. Glad to see your back to form Rossom.

Ran well and no complaints. She'll probably come on for the run but she had run well fresh twice in the past. E/w double landed for anyone who went that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Cheers Rossom. As soon as you pointed out Gibson was one of the organisers I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

3.35 Doncaster

7.15 Kempton

Royal Warranty 4/1

I see this popped up today @ 12/1, obviously benefitted from the first run in a handicap

good spot initially Rossom, hope you were on today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

When I saw he had won, I knew I recognised the name. I just couldn't think where. Hope you were on today rossom!

I wasn't unfortunately lads. Didn't know she was running until I got home! 12s was an absolutely ridiculous price!

Bob back out tomorrow and will be on him again at 6s. Only up 1lb officially in the handicap and I'm very surprised by that.

How many triers in that 18:10 Ballinrobe race!?

Absolutely pathetic from the Carberry.

How do the Jocks get away with it?

No wonder so many have fallen out of love with the game.

Advertisement