Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to change subject?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Im in 5th year now and i picked biology over history at the last minute but now im really unsure on what to pick, i feel biology is getting too hard and that history is more suited to me. Would it be too late to change will i have missed out on too much history?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Im in 5th year now and i picked biology over history at the last minute but now im really unsure on what to pick, i feel biology is getting too hard and that history is more suited to me. Would it be too late to change will i have missed out on too much history?

I'd say you could change. People in my year changed subjects in November! Ask the history teacher for notes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

It all depends on what your teachers will let you do. You might even be able to do both, if you look into it with the school. At this point, the class won't have covered anything huge, it's only been a few days!

Give Biology a chance anyway. Ask some 6th years about it, they probably think it's easier than a lot of other subjects available. Science subjects mostly just LOOK hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Definitely not too late to change! I'd put some good thought into it though and perhaps speak to both teachers for advice. I'd try to make a concrete decision though within the next few days and just commit 100% to whatever choice you make. Otherwise you'll find yourself in the same position again in awhile, only a few weeks more behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Just stick it out. You're obviously unsure, give yourself some more time. Don't view biology with negativity, view it with as much oppeness as possible. However if your passion is history and u don't need to 'play it safe' then just switch. Personally I'd live to have done history but am REALLY happy with biology now, the exam itself doesn't seem nearly half as terrifying as all the others ones ill be sitting next June!! There is a good focus to biology like there is to maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zed1

Not too late to change as long as your school allows it. I do History and in our class we haven't really covered much. Obviously not the same everywhere but our school goes through the curriculum quickly, so I think you should be safe. Definitely talk it over with your teachers ASAP and see if you can maybe get help in Biology if you like the subject but you're just finding it difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Switched to history, thanks anyways

Advertisement