Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best revision book for physics?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am doing physics on my own and wondering which revision book would be the best one to get? notes for physics online are so scarce! :( I know about the physics teacher website but finding them a bit disorganized (hard to start from zero with them). Help please!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Are you using the Real World Physics by Dan O'Regan book?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zagaluke

If you are using Real World Physics then Exam Edge is a handy supplement.

It goes through past paper questions and answers topic by topic and gives you an idea of how questions are asked. I got on well with it, though I would advise you to use both books.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seriouslyfunny

I am not using any book right now. I am thinking about getting the rapid revision or revise wise to begin with. Is that okay? :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'd usually recommend Exam Edge but in this case, I think you should buy the Real World Physics book.

If you couldn't start from zero using thephysicstheacher website then how are you going to start from zero with a revision book?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

wouldnt bother with revisewise tbh, exam edge is definitely the best but I agree that you need real world physics to go with it

• Advertisement

Nimr wrote: »
    I'd usually recommend Exam Edge but in this case, I think you should buy the Real World Physics book.

If you couldn't start from zero using thephysicstheacher website then how are you going to start from zero with a revision book?
    Idk I thought maybe it will be better than the website :P I guess I'll use the website along with the book and exam edge

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yeahscience

I did Physics on my own too. I would suggest that you use thephysicsteacher.ie notes. It is a fantastic resource - The notes are really worth taking a look at and digesting.

I would consider the revision books to be a rehashing of the material that's in your textbook.

The best revision book you can get is your exam papers. Use them consistently and they will reward you come exam-time.

Best wishes.

^ thank you!

Advertisement