Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Art

Options
  • 08-09-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My school recently offered Art as an extra leaving cert subject which I signed up for today (Starting next Wednesday once a week). I'm not really AMAZING at drawing or anything really but I really like Art. I'm OK at art, not really good but I wouldn't say I'm bad at it. Anyways, I was wondering what is done in Art Class? Does the teacher like, teach you drawing techniques and stuff or just tell you to draw stuff?

Thanks for any support.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Esezoz wrote: »
    Does the teacher like, teach you drawing techniques and stuff or just tell you to draw stuff?

Well, that would depend on your teacher. With my teacher, it was a bit of both. He taught us some techniques or how to work with a certain medium then gave us some sort of a theme and told us to work on it for a week.

But it's not just drawing or painting though, 37.5% of the LC Art exam is Art History and Appreciation.

Would you like me to explain the structure of the LC paper to help you understand what will be expected of you in the practical and written exams?

Advertisement