Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem in work

Options
  • 08-09-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I work in a supermarket and went in today to do some shopping. The assistant manager was chatting to a customer but called me over to him. He informed me that due to a mistake I had made I had managed to ruin €250+ worth of stock (had left freezer stock by freezer in stores, deli staff were inside taking stock out for deli and had assumed they would replace in the freezer when they were finished retrieving their stock. supidly didnt check that they did afterwards). All of this was relayed to me in front of the customer in the middle of the shop floor and was told Id be lucky if I had a job once the manager arrived in. That was this morning and have heard nothing more from them since. I hold my hands up that I should have checked and am kicking myself that I didnt but am wondering why manager didnt call me in, why the assistant manager felt the need to discuss it on shop floor, in front of a customer and on personal time and as to what the outcome will be. Any advice will be quite welcome as am starting to get quite stressed out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd say that the assistant manager was very unprofession about it, and has probably just ruined the manager's chances of taking any action against you.

But I don't have Irish supermarket experience, so may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Even if this issue isn't mentioned again by the manager, have a word with the manager, not necessarily a complaint but have a word.
    Explain that you obviously made a mistake and had to be spoken to about this, but that the manner in which it was done was unprofessional and put both yourself AND the customer in a awkward position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

So I work in a supermarket and went in today to do some shopping.

Out of interest, how much did your shop cost?

€250 of stock, versus losing a regular customer & probably any family of yours who also shop there?

(Not to mention, the assistant manager had no business interrupting you in your private time, especially not to attempt to embarrass you in front of a customer)

Advertisement