Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress events type plugins make me loos dash board

Options
  • 08-09-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

problem is as follows with a wordpress 4.0 install i have on linux.

I install a plugin and the dashboard goes blank in particular event related plugins
    side bar is still visible and the website is still up. I tried installing another plugin, disable comments, and the website and dashboard stays up

tried events
    events manager
    events-made-easy

wptouch plugin does the same thing does the same thing

disable-comments plugin does not

Anyone out there find the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have not had a problem after updating about 20 sites to WordPress 4.0.
    One of them is running Events Manager and I have not had a problem.

You should look in the web server error log to see if there are any useful error messages there.

Also, disable all plugins and then enable them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
    If you are not able to disable the plugins via the dashboard, edit the database or rename the plugins directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

daymobrew wrote: »
    I have not had a problem after updating about 20 sites to WordPress 4.0.
    One of them is running Events Manager and I have not had a problem.

You should look in the web server error log to see if there are any useful error messages there.

Also, disable all plugins and then enable them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
    If you are not able to disable the plugins via the dashboard, edit the database or rename the plugins directory.
    Thanks for that yes I have disabled all plugins and re-enabled them individually and it continues to happen I'm going to ask the hosting provider to increase virtual memory and see it that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

sheesh wrote: »
    Thanks for that yes I have disabled all plugins and re-enabled them individually and it continues to happen I'm going to ask the hosting provider to increase virtual memory and see it that helps.
    Did you check the web server error log?

What theme are you using? Use one of those that comes with WordPress if you are not already doing that.

Advertisement