Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Parking on Nights Out

Options
  • 08-09-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was just wondering where would the safest place to park a car on a night out be? Preferably in close proximity to Coppers or Harcourt Street in general?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cbombinent

Q Park on Saint Stephen's Green is closeby.

Indoor carpark with security.

Car theft or damage to vehicles isn't a big concern in that area, if it were me I would just park on Camden Street (parallell to Harcourt Street), or one of the little residential streets off Camden Street.

Indoor carpark with security. Reasonably priced.

Car theft or damage to vehicles isn't a big concern in that area, if it were me I would just park on Camden Street (parallell to Harcourt Street), or one of the little residential streets off Camden Street.

Indoor carpark with security. Reasonably priced.

Car theft or damage to vehicles isn't a big concern in that area. If it were me, I would park on Camden Street (parallel to Harcourt Street), or one of the little residential streets off Camden Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Whatever you do, don't pay for parking. Completely unnessisary in Dublin after 7pm. Camden St (behind the old Village now Opium) has a smallish car park (like 6 cars) and the road there is Pay & Display until 12. If you don't mind a walk, you'll nearly always get parking on Hatch St Upper and Lower. Super safe as its literally across the road from the largest Garda station in the capital. Failing that, all of St. Stepehens Green and Molesworth St. You'll never be more than 10 mins from any of the major clubs with free parking.

I pretty much always drove into town on nights out as I don't drink and never had an issue finding parking. Just remember if you are bringing mates, a little unknown law, that is an offence to have open alcoholic drinks in the car. You will feel like an ass asking people to put them away but its the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Most of the streets off the green and the green itself are free after 7, but some are pay parking until midnight (mainly residential areas)
    I never pay for parking after 7, I always park in the street. Have yet to have been robbed, and have left the doors unlocked many a time at this stage....although I don't leave valuables in it anyway.

• Advertisement

Most of the streets off the green and the green itself are free after 7, but some are pay parking until midnight (mainly residential areas)
    I never pay for parking after 7, I always park in the street. Have yet to have been robbed, and have left the doors unlocked many a time at this stage....although I don't leave valuables in it anyway.

I agree, Dublin is quite safe for parking. Just don't leave anything to tempt them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

ironclaw wrote: »

I pretty much always drove into town on nights out as I don't drink and never had an issue finding parking. Just remember if you are bringing mates, a little unknown law, that is an offence to have open alcoholic drinks in the car. You will feel like an ass asking people to put them away but its the law.

Does that mean that party buses are technically illegal or does it only apply to cars?

Does that mean that party buses are technically illegal or does it only apply to cars?

I have no idea to be honest. Granted however after some Googling there I may stand corrected on the legality. My interpretation however was that it was illegal.

Advertisement